Arabic, Persian and Turkish placement exams will take place on August 15, 10:00am -12:00noon.
To register for the Arabic placement exam, you MUST fill out the Arabic Placement Exam Survey TWO DAYS prior to the exam, as we need to designate how many proctors will be operating the tests. After the completion of the survey, you will receive the Zoom link.
Here is the link to register for the Persian placement exam.
Here is the link to register for the Turkish placement exam.
For all NELC language placement exams you must have:
• One of the following: Harvard ID, driver’s license, passport, or government ID
• A quiet, well-lit room
• A reliable internet connection
• A computer (with Zoom, microphone, front-facing camera)
· No switching to any other browser windows during exam.
· No asking for help.
· Any suspicious actions on the computer will lead to immediate termination of your exam.
*Please be on time for the exams. The online exams will only be open August 15, 2022, 10:00am – 12:00 noon, EST and once it is closed, you will not be able to access the exam.
Email the NELC Department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the NELC Language Placement exams.
The Modern Hebrew place-out exam will take place on August 15, 12:00pm - 3:00pm EST online.
Notice: this is ONLY a place out exam.
For the exam you will need a printer to download and print the form and a scanner (or scanner app on your phone) to send it back when you are done.
This is a closed-book exam. No outside materials are allowed, including dictionaries.
All the writing will be done on the form.
Reading Comprehension Text:
- 20%: multiple choice questions (4×5%)
- 10%: Short essay
- 15%: Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb (root, building provided)
- 10%: Transforming sentences active to passive form and vice versa
- 10%: Completing conditional sentences
- 10%: Writing numbers and nouns in words (Example: 15 dresses)
- 15%: Sentence translation
- 10%: Open response/essay: Write about Zoom learning